2014 Fashion Resolutions
If you’re like most people, you’ve probably made at least one New Year’s resolution. Exercise more, lose weight, eat healthier, learn something new, travel more, etc. But did you set yourself a fashion resolution?
What you wear can have an impact on your attitude, how you see and feel about yourself, and how you present yourself to the world. I know I have a different attitude when I take the time to put an outfit together, as opposed to just going out in my yoga pants. And that attitude is reflected in my face and ultimately what impression I make on other people. How I want other people to see me will affect what I choose to wear for the day.
So if your ready, here are a few ideas for your fashion resolution:
- Try a new colour – Colour can have a direct correlation to your mood. And while not every colour looks good on everyone, adding a new colour to your wardrobe can brighten up your look.
- Clean out your closet – If you haven’t worn something in the past year, chances are you won’t wear it this year. So get rid of it. Plus, it’ll free up space in your closet for something new.
- DIY – If you’re not ready to part with something from your closet, you can do a little DIY to freshen it up. Or create something entirely new. You’ll feel proud of what you made and you’ll be the only one who has it.
- Wear patterns – Patterns can be pretty intimidating if you’ve never worn them. But they add interest and can spice up the most basic pieces in your wardrobe.
- Accessorize – Accessories are an easy, and often inexpensive, way to change up your look. I believe accessories can say a lot about a person’s personality. And a simple change in your necklace can make your outfit go from a day at the office to a night out.
- Invest in something high quality – Saving up and splurging on something a little more expensive can have a positive impact on your mood. Whether it’s a leather jacket, high end shoes, or diamond earrings, wearing them will make you feel good.
This year I plan on doing more DIY and I have a great new book to get me started:
Share your fashion resolution with me in the comments below!